Fall 2017 Playoffs Playoffs
- Jesse’s Girls
- Killer Bees
- Westcoast Saints
- Bang Bros
- Rice On Ice
- Westcoast Sinners
- Round 1 – Round Robin within Div
- Round 2 – Ranked 2v3, loser plays consolation game, top ranked team gets a bye to final.
- Round 3 – Finals
- Games go faster when teams are changing quickly and getting set up for face offs right away. Please be advised games with a lot of penalties and teams holding up the faceoffs may have the 3rd period go to run time to stay within the permit time.
- There are no ties in the playoffs so games need to end 5 min early to account for a shootout, Games will need to go to running time so they end with 5min left. The scorekeeper will make the call with 10-15minutes left on permit.
- Penalties change to 3/6 from 2/4 for minor/double minors in running time.
- Shootouts start with 3 players a side. All skaters must have a shot before cycling through again. Players must skate to the opposite side of the ice once they have completed their shot
Registration and Eligibility
- Rosters were due January 4,2018 (email sent to captains) For players who have not reached the 6 game minimum and have not sought league approval will not be permitted to play in the playoffs.
- Players without waivers submitted will not be permitted to play in the playoffs.
- All players must produce Photo ID prior to the game starting.
- Part time players can play up to 10 games including playoffs.
- Teams caught playing with ineligible players will forfeit the game.
- Teams with goalies who also play as players can use them as players but must choose a goalie/player from the league or Gjinno, Ryan, John, or Richard as a substitute.
Scoring & Tie Breakers
The goal is to create an environment where skill is more important than physical play.
- A team will be awarded 2 points for winning a game, 1 point for an OT/shootout loss and 0 points for a regulation loss for all
- Ties after completion of a round robin play will be broken in the following order:
- least penalized team. (+/- 4 minutes).
- Head to Head stats.
- goals for minus goals against.
- Most wins in regulation.
- Decision by League Officials.
Boarding and Body checking
Boarding and body checking are called as a double minor. If the referee feels there was intent or that bringing the offending player back into the game will cause more issues a Game Misconduct will be given. This is to ensure there will be no retaliatory actions.
Minimum Double Minor, or Major PLUS a Game Misconduct will be assessed for any penalty which causes blood or an injury to player that doesn’t return to the game.
Constant Verbal Disputes and Chronic Complaining
- One warning shall be given for verbal disputes. For players, referees may give one warning then they are required to give a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. If it continues a Misconduct will be given and finally if it still persists a Game Misconduct will be assessed. It shall be assessed whenever a player:
- Openly disputes or argues about any decision by an official (On-ice or league supervisor)
- Uses obscene or vulgar language in a boisterous manner to anyone at anytime, even if it is not directed at any particular person.
- Visually and aggressively demonstrates a sign of dissatisfaction with a decision by an official. examples: slamming gates, throwing sticks, smashing sticks , punch (gloved or not) of glass or bench.
- Any Player who engages in verbal or non-verbal taunts, insults or intimidation based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, language) shall be assessed a Gross Misconduct and automatic suspension which will be reviewed by league official